Recycling and Waste Processing
Anyone that stores, classifies, consolidates, bales, shreds, sorts, composts, blends, solidifies, salvages, treats, or handles waste or other material prior to reuse or final disposal can be regulated as a recycling facility or waste processing facility.
We typically regulate the following types of activities:
- Landfills (both public and private), including monofills
- Transfer stations
- Scrap metal and automotive recyclers
- Asphalt and concrete recyclers
- Liquid waste processors
- Biodiesel processors
- Paper, aluminum, cardboard recyclers, etc.
- Tire recyclers
- Soil remediation projects (both short and long term)
The following are exempt from our regulation:
- Recyclers with a processing capacity of less than 30 tons per day AND who generate less than one ton of residue/waste
List of permitted recyclers and waste processors in Salt Lake County.
For detailed information about becoming a recycler or waste processor, contact us at 385-468-3862.
USE ONLY THE FREE ADOBE ACROBAT READER TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION. Some web browser PDF viewers may not properly open or submit your application.