Laurie Stringham was born and raised in Sandy, Utah, and chose to raise her five children in Kearns. She received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Utah in Theater, specializing in Technical Theater. Laurie is a business owner, Utah educator, preserver of Arts, supporter of Youth Sports and Recreation, and an advocate for those who do not have a voice.
Laurie previously served on the Board of Trustees of the Kearns Oquirrh Recreation and Parks District which operates the Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center and owns the Utah Olympic Oval. During her 21 years serving on the board, Laurie worked tirelessly to keep taxes and fees low, develop community services, improve community health and wellness, and oversaw a responsible and transparent service district. She also helped bring the world to our community during the 2002 Winter Olympics, the most successful Winter Games to date. It is the only Olympic games with facilities still in operation.
Laurie works to do the same for Salt Lake County and the amazing communities and cities that make up the Salt Lake Valley.
• Board of Trustees of the Kearns Oquirrh Recreation and Parks District (https://kopfc.com/board-page/)
• Citizen Advocate for the Utah Recreation and Parks Association (https://www.urpa.org/)
• West Region Chairwomen for Salt Lake County Republicans (https://www.slcogop.com/)
• Technical Theater teacher at Skyline High School
• Advocate for Park Rx (https://parkrxutah.org/) (a program for both physical and mental health which allows doctors of all types to cross the boundaries and treat whole person)