When is the application open?
From noon September 18 to 5 p.m. October 2, 2020.*
*The application deadline has been extended to 12 pm on Monday, October 5.
Where can I apply?
The application link will be live at 12 pm on September 18 at slco.org/partnergrants/
What can grant funds be used for?
- Administrative expenses and staff salaries for COVID-related projects
- Operational expenses
- Facilitating distance learning
- Housing-related support
- Food assistance
- Small business assistance
- A full list of restrictions and approved uses is available in the ZoomGrants application
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Based in Salt Lake County and directly providing services to Salt Lake County residents
- Be a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) for at least 5 years
- Be in one of the industries below that has been impacted by COVID-19
- Housing and Homeless Services
- Education and Childcare
- Business Training & Support
- Arts and Culture
Is an organization eligible if it received other CARES Act funding?
Yes, but awardees will be expected to adhere to federal guidelines and ensure they are not duplicating uses.
How much funds can I apply for?
Grant amounts will range from $5,000 to $250,000. Funding will be determined by community need and available budget.
How much money is available?
There is no aggregate amount set, and decisions will be made based on community need and available budget.
Can an organization apply for multiple programs/project grants?
Yes, it is acceptable to offer more than one program if organizations can adequately account for how each program is tied to the impact of COVID-19. If offering more than one program, do not submit a separate application; incorporate both programs into the same application.
Are there restrictions or expectations for spending and reporting?Yes. Organizations cannot use funds for projects previously budgeted by the organization or for revenue replacement. A full list of restrictions can be found in the application.
What documentation is required in the application?
- Verification of how the application is COVID-19 related
- Documentation that the expenses were not incurred prior to July 1, 2020
- Documentation that the project wasn't previously budgeted for 2020
- Documentation that the funding will not be a direct revenue replacement
- Copy IRS Tax Designation
- Copy of 2019, 2020, and 2021 approved budgets
- List of Board of Directors
- Written conflict of interest policy
- Written procurement policy
- Documentation of community served
How long will it take for applications to receive approval?
A decision on approvals is expected to be made — and communicated to applicants — by October 14, 2020
When is the grant reporting deadline?
Two reports are required and will need to be filed on October 30 and November 30, 2020.
Are there different reporting requirements for grants over $50,000
What are the reporting requirements?
- Administrative Expenses
- COVID-19 Testing and Contact Tracing
- Economic Support (Other than Small Business, Housing, and Food Assistance)
- Facilitating Distance Learning
- Food Programs
- Housing Support
- Improve Telework Capabilities of Public Employees
- Medical Expenses
- Nursing Home Assistance
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Public Health Expenses
- Small Business Assistance
- Items Not Listed Above - to include other eligible expenses that are not captured in the available expenditure categories.
Our organization needs assistance. Who can I contact?
For questions about the Community Partners Grant Program and application, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 385-468-7001