UTAH’S VOTER INFORMATION PAMPHLEThttps://voteinfo.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/42/2020/10/Utah-VIP-2020-General-FIN.pdf
Prepared by the State Elections Office.
Throughout this pamphlet you will find information on the candidates that will represent you federally, in statewide office, in the state senate and state house, and on the state board of education. You will be able to read about the seven Constitutional Amendments that will appear on your ballot as well as judicial retention elections.
In this pamphlet you will also find information aimed at helping you with the voting process like voter registration, voting methods, and communicating with your county clerk’s office. If you have questions about this information or the voting process, there is contact information for your local elections officials on page 128.
Before encouraging you to commence reading this pamphlet, we would like to highlight a few key points about this election that many voters in Utah have been curious about:
- All active registered voters in Utah are mailed a ballot for the General Election (regardless of party affiliation or if they requested one)
- Every county in Utah will have an opportunity for in person voting (early, and on Election Day)
- If you receive a mail ballot but prefer to vote in person, please bring your mail ballot to the polling place to ‘surrender’ it when you vote. While this is not required, it helps your local elections officials process ballots more efficiently.
JUDICIAL PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission (JPEC) offers three ways for voters to get information about judges in 2020:
- Information about judges may be found at our general website: https://judges.utah.gov/.
- A county-specific listing of judges is also available here: https://judges.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2020/10/Salt-Lake-County-Judge-Overview.pdf
3. And finally, a printable version of the county-specific listing is available here: https://judges.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2020/10/Salt-Lake-County-Judge-Overview-Printer-Friendly.pdf