The Housing Liaison Program works with seniors who are unhoused or need affordable, low-income senior housing and who are having difficulties navigating the complexities of applying for housing.
SLCo Aging & Adult Services (AAS) works with seniors who are rent-burdened, having trouble finding or applying for affordable housing, or at risk for homelessness. As advocates for older adults, AAS is working to ensure that all Salt Lake County seniors have access to safe, appropriate, affordable housing.
When possible, AAS helps mitigate and reduce homelessness among older adults by intervening proactively, before the risk of losing housing becomes imminent.
AAS does not own or operate any senior housing, nor does it provide rental assistance or funding for housing related issues.
What The Housing Liaison Can Do
- Help older adults apply for housing
- Counsel older adults on their housing options
- Counsel older adults on the consequences of being evicted
- Help older adults navigate barriers to securing housing
- Connect older adults with other AAS and community resources that support aging in place
- Assist on a case by case basis with services and resources for seniors seeking housing
|Address:||Salt Lake County Aging & Adult Services
Housing Liaison Program
2001 South State Street S1-600
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4575